Join our community to receive our quarterly newsletter and learn about all the exciting activities and programs at Workshops for Warriors
Office Administrative Assistant
The primary responsibility is to act as the administrative assistant to the office staff. This job is good fit for an eager person with sound administrative experience who is willing to wear many hats and take initiative to support the efforts of a fast growing nonprofit. The position requires a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, accuracy, organization, initiative, dependability, and independence.
- Answers all phone calls and properly screens, takes accurate messages and distributes appropriately.
- Receives all incoming deliveries, logs it, and distributes to the correct recipient.
- Greets all visitors, notifies staff of their arrival, and offers them water or coffee while they wait.
- Tour and meeting preparation is prepared in advance for the arrival of expected visitors scheduled throughout the day. Maintains accurate visitor log.
- Ensures that the front office is tidily kept (to include the coffee/kitchen area and bathroom).
- Ensures office, bathroom, and kitchen supplies are stocked, organized and inventoried.
- Provide logistical support for events and facility tours.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to office staff upon request, including data entry, copying, scanning, or sorting documents; packaging items for shipment; inventory tracking; placing phone calls; scheduling appointments, calendaring and travel arrangements; and running errands.
- Provides administrative support to the facilities team to in regards to tracking, labeling, and shipping/receiving.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to present a professional image and work effectively as a team member.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when executing written and/or verbal instructions and communications.
- Computer skills: Proficient skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience with some type of donor management software or CRM software, preferably Salesforce (but not required).
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience working in the nonprofit sector or in sales.
- Minimum two years of experience working as an administrative assistant or executive assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations and maintain a high level of enthusiasm.
- Proven organizational and time-management skills. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential!
- Demonstrated success in providing exceptional support services to a team.
- Proven ability to do the little things and go the extra mile that makes a big difference.
- Demonstrated success in working with a team to achieve goals.
- Excellent phone demeanor which remains consistent during increased demands.
- Responds promptly to visitor and client needs, solicits client feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and follows through on commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive/negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively, edit work for spelling and grammar, able to read and interpret written data.
- Ability to establish productive working relationships and to deal smoothly, effectively, and cooperatively.
- Responds positively to changes in work environment and copes effectively with different decisions.
- Displays great work ethics; punctuality and attendance are a priority.
- Demonstrates overall accuracy and thoroughness, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality and avoid repetitive errors.
Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work; the nonprofit is located in the Downtown/South Bay area; Serious inquiries only please.
Workshops for Warriors is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded in 2008. Its mission is to place veterans and wounded warriors into advanced manufacturing careers by providing them with industry-leading training, nationally recognized credentials, work experience, and job placement. Training is provided at no cost to veterans. We are rebuilding America’s advanced manufacturing workforce, one veteran at a time with a team of passionate, enthusiastic professionals who want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve, their families, and our country.