Join our community to receive our quarterly newsletter and learn about all the exciting activities and programs at Workshops for Warriors
The Marketing Manager utilizes written communication and digital marketing (websites, social media, e-mail marketing, electronic publications and digital advertising) to connect and engage with the organization’s various audiences including donors and prospective donors, advanced manufacturing companies, prospective and current students, and alumni. We are in search of an innovative and results-oriented individual who will interface daily with internal and external teams, as well as executive stakeholders.
- YouTube and social media management of company Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram channels. Execute social media strategies that will increase brand visibility and traffic across all social platforms. This includes content development, community engagement and management; plan, implement and schedule content for social media platforms; define, develop, launch, and measure new campaigns/promotions
- Lead website management and maintenance for two WordPress websites; including updating and creating new webpages, registration forms for events, updating photos, and more.
- Provides marketing support for events through social media, basic design, PR and digital marketing. This includes three graduations per year, three career fairs per year, and one Gala event in April.
- Assist with conceptualizing and editing printed collateral (ideally looking for someone with a good design background who can also help with completing designs or mocking up design files).
- Assist with presentation and script writing as needed.
- Manage all video production projects. This will include conceptualizing and working with a production team for the 10-year anniversary video to launch in March.
- Send our press releases to media and work with media to attend events.
- Write monthly newsletter and serve as newsletter editor and content manager.
- Write all student success stories and publish on the website.
- Serve as writer for marketing publications; assist with brand development through video and commercial production with a focus on storytelling; utilize basic graphic design skills for social media, website and other printed publications; assist in the evaluation of marketing campaigns and suggest changes for goal achievement; assist with editing all internal and external communication publications; pays strong attention to editing, grammar and proofreading detail in projects.
- Serves as internal photographer for marketing needs and upon request of the organization.
- Utilize Google Analytics and run reports to drive decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, graphic design, marketing, PR or a related field
- 3-5 years of marketing or corporate communications experience, with min 2 years of direct social media experience
- Proven success in launching and executing social media campaigns, including: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Experience maintaining websites through WordPress
- An accomplished track record of digital initiatives driving content sharing, community participation, and lasting brand connections
- Strong design, writing and time management skills are essential for this position.
- Ability to produce clearly written, succinct information that flows logically. Information developed must be grammatically correct with no punctuation, spelling, or other errors.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator design software, and Microsoft Office software.
- Photography experience a plus
- Basic video editing in Premiere Pro a plus
- Experience in Salesforce a plus
Please send your resumé and your answer to the question “Why do you think you’re a good candidate for Workshops for Warriors?” to our current Marketing Manager, Amanda DiSilvestr0, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is September 29, 2017 or until the position is filled.
The mission of Workshops for Warriors, a 501(c)3 nonprofit school, is to provide a nationally scalable and repeatable platform to provide quality training, accredited STEM educational programs, and opportunities to earn third party nationally recognized credentials to enable Veterans, Transitioning Service Members, and other students to be successfully trained and placed in their chosen advanced manufacturing career field.