Workshops for Warriors is always looking for bright, motivated, passionate volunteers who strive to support our Veterans, Wounded Warriors, and Transitioning Service members. Our volunteer needs change throughout the year. Below is the current list of specific volunteer opportunities we have available immediately and in the coming months:
Marketing and Design
- Infographic design
- Video production and/or video editing
- Website/Google analytics support, including recommendations, conclusions, etc.
- Develop PowerPoint slides and tests as per the lead instructor/dean specifications for the welding programs, including SMAW, FCAW, GMAW and GTAW welding
- Develop new welder safety training tests, which could include more enhanced safety training, forklift testing, etc.
- Develop qualification books for various pieces of shop equipment in the welding school
- Conduct some of the preventative maintenance requirements for the various pieces of equipment we have in the welding school (i.e. welders, grinders, coolers, etc.)
- Answer phones, greet guests
- Organize files, makes labels, data entry
- Run errands
- Assist with Graduation Ceremony logistics including parking, setup, guest welcome, and seating. See upcoming graduation dates here
- Host a lunch for students
- Grant researcher
- Working at a Workshops for Warriors booth at a community event
If your skills and interests do not fit into one of these opportunities, we still urge you to apply and tell us a little bit about what it is you do best and how you can best support our organization.
Workshops for Warriors reserves the right to deny any volunteer applications. Volunteer opportunities are based on availability and we will keep your application on hand if any volunteer opportunities surface where you would be a good fit.
If you are interested in volunteering for Workshops for Warriors, please complete this form. We look forward to working with you!